Senior Java Developer
Full-time, Auckland HQ
We are seeking an innovative, highly competent java developer to join our team and help drive the ongoing development of our cloud-based server technologies.
We are passionate about leveraging cutting-edge technology and social networking concepts to help businesses globally keep their entire workforce informed, safe and productive. Every day.
Blerter does this by connecting and engaging the entire workforce, enabling everyone to communicate and collaborate in real-time.
Our platform consists of mobile apps (iOS and Android), a web app, Apple TV and Apple Watch apps and extensive backend server infrastructure.
About the Role
You will be a great blend of creative genius and robust developer, able to create innovative, high-performance business application components that you code with precision for mission-critical systems.
You’ll embrace the challenge of being part of a small but growing team and developing highly-scalable systems, while having significant input into technology directions, systems architecture, and of course, product capabilities.
You are the sort of person who loves to create, code, and constantly improve to surprise and delight your users. You think code, and are passionate about constantly learning and stretching to achieve your very best.
You’ll be working in the ongoing development of our server-side Java environment, building functionality, business processes and APIs to support our native mobile and web clients, as well as 3rd parties integrations. You'll work on our notifications engine, chat, social features, geo-location, data and people analytics, system performance metrics, and a whole lot more!
You will enjoy being part of a small agile team but you're also comfortable working in isolation at times.
Technology Experience Needed:
- Java 8 and modern frameworks
- Persistance - JDO (DataNucleus)
- Messaging (RabbitMQ)
- Containers (Docker) and Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Http / Http2, Json, Xml, general net protocols
- Tomcat, nginx
- Linux, OS X
- PostgreSQL, S3
- 7+ years commercial development experience (Senior)
- Good architectural knowledge, particularly with major Cloud platforms & technologies
- Curiosity & ability to integrate new tech without compromising system integrity (reliability, scalability, auditability, performance, etc)
- Critical thinker, implementer, finisher
- Strong debugging and problems solving abilities
- Familiar with web security and performance testing
- Good agile scrum experience
- Excellent communicator with team skills and leadership potential
- Passion for life-long learning and embracing new ideas
- Hobbyist, technologist, explorer
- Versatile - happy to help with/figure out any area of the code base
- Efficient - able to analyse issues quickly and decide a way forward.
- Focus on quality , easy to read, testable code
- Taking responsibility for code written
- Team player - happy to comply with code guidelines and always happy help out other developers
- Passion for quality (including easy to read, testable code), innovation and delivering for users
- High attention to detail
- Ethical, driven, enthusiastic, leads by example
- Able to provide after hours emergency support if required (infrequent)
- Able to schedule system upgrades and deployments out of hours as needed
Note: You must be entitled to work in New Zealand to apply for this role